伊莉討論區

標題: 美文欣賞:雙語美文:想逃離現在的生活追尋自由 [打印本頁]

作者: dc917r4s    時間: 2019-9-4 05:40 AM     標題: 美文欣賞:雙語美文:想逃離現在的生活追尋自由

Have you ever gone on vacation and said to yourself, “I could live here?” On a trip to Jamaica, Kalisa Martin entertained that idea —and actually went through with it.

It was during a lingering and nasty New York City winter in March 2014. Martin and her boyfriend Jeff Belizaire decided to escape the snow by taking a last-minute getaway to Jamaica.

At the time, Martin had a dream job in the New York culinary world: brand director at Tasting Table, a digital destination for culinary enthusiasts. She also appeared on national television shows like Good Morning America.

But there was something about that trip that spoke to Martin — profoundly.

“That long weekend, the idea of the B&B concept came up and we thought, ‘Why not?’It could happen, and it could happen right here in Jamaica,”said 30-year-old Martin. “That was the first time we seriously considered the idea.”

Within four months Martin had quit her job and was on her way to Jamaica with Belizaire to create The Runaway, a bed-and-breakfast that has grown into a lifestyle travel brand.

“We ran away from the cold and the typical 9-5 to follow our dreams and create this new life,”says Martin.

And this isn’t your average bed-and-breakfast. The Runaway Jamaica is the first successfully funded B&B on Kickstarter. Backers donated almost $47,000 to help bring the property to life.

你是否曾經旅行過並告訴你自己:“我能住在這里”?在去牙買加的一次旅途中,卡麗薩·馬汀思考了這個想法——也事實上將它完成了。

那是在2014年三月紐約市一個漫長而惡劣的冬季期間。馬汀和她的男朋友杰夫·貝利澤爾突發奇想決定馬上跑去牙買加躲避雪天。

在那時,馬汀在紐約的烹飪界有著一份理想的工作:Tasting Table的品牌主理人,這是一家美食熱愛者的線上聚集地。她同時也在國家電視節目如《早安美國》中出現過。

但是,有關那趟旅程的什麼東西深深地印在了馬汀的內心。

“在那個漫長的周末里,“床加早餐”理念(一種旅店形式)的想法蹦了出來,我們想著‘為什麼不呢?’那是有可能發生的,而且有可能就發生在這儿,在牙買加,”30歲的馬汀說道。“那是我們第一次認真考慮這個想法。”

在四個月里,馬汀辭了職,並和貝利澤爾踏上了去牙買加創造The Runaway的道路,一個有著“床加早餐”理念的想法開始成為一個生活方式旅游品牌。

“我們從寒冷與典型的朝九晚五中逃離出來追尋我們的夢,並創造了這個全新的生活,”馬汀說。

這也並非只是典型的“床加早餐”。The Runaway Jamaica是第一家成功在Kickstarter上得到資助的“床加早餐”理念的品牌。支持者們捐獻了將近47000美元來幫助它成為現實。

作者: totoyangson    時間: 2019-9-5 11:50 AM

很好的文章,可欣賞可學習,Thanks your share~~~
作者: st5521jj    時間: 2019-9-21 12:52 PM

感謝大大的分享
欣賞文章 邊學英文
作者: afa69    時間: 2019-9-22 11:04 AM

WOW!!I consider it is very good article. I like it very much.

歡迎光臨 伊莉討論區 (http://www45234.eyny.com/) Powered by Discuz!